Sunday, January 3, 2010

Frugal? Or kinda cheap?

Ok, so if you are in the mood for a visit to the movie theatre these days, you're fixin' to drop at least 15 bucks on the ticket, popcorn and a drink for a primetime flix. So, since I think its highway robbery how much theatres charge for snacks, I have employed a large purse for each of my movie-going trips....I stock it full of drinks, and candy for whoever is seeing a movie with me, and have no shame. After all, I did just spend $9.50 to watch a mediocre movie...But last week at a movie with my man, I discovered the grandaddy of all money-pinching for movie theatre trips. Re-using old popcorn bags. You see, if you buy popcorn once in a re-fillable popcorn bag, eat it, empty the leftovers, then you should fold that bag right up and take it with you! SOOO you can bring your old bag back each time you want that clog-your-arteries buttery snack....When I told family members my GENIUS discovery, I was chastized and told how tacky it was....so what do you think? Good way to save a few on the timeless dinner and a movie date? Or ridiculously tacky and cheaptastic??

1 comment: